Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT WITH FARMER TRACEY

A big Aussie G'DAY today from FARMER TRACEY. That's the only time you'll ever hear me say that though, as it's kind of slang, and not really part of my vocabulary.


Firstly, i'd like to say a great big thank-you to all of you lovely ladies for such a warm welcome to THE GREETING FARM. I've thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of my first two weeks at the farm, especially all the kind comments on both my own blog and also right here on The Greeting Farm blog.


Don't you just love all the new stamps for July. They are all so divine, I couldn't possibly choose one favorite.


 


As it is my turn in the spotlight this week, and the fact that i'm a new farmer, I thought I would start by sharing a little about myself. I am a Mum to 4 gorgeous daughters ranging in age from 9 to 15, and have the most awesome husband in the world.


I retired from work as a medical doctor 9 years ago in order to concentrate on raising our family, and went on to discover scrapbooking 5 years ago, which led to me opening my very own scrapbooking and cardmaking store a little over 3 years ago. I was a serious scrapbooker to begin with, and didn't even like stamping  until I discovered copic markers 12 months ago.


Now i am totally addicted to rubber, ink and copics. Rarely does a day pass without a marker in my hand, and i can say i truly am blessed to be able to combine my hobby with my job.


 


One of my favorite tools at the moment is my airbrush and air compressor. I use it on most cards, even if just for a little edging. So, i thought i would show you step by step how i make the background that i then use to put a colored TGF image on for my cards.


 


For this card I have used BLUSH SOCIETY BONNIE, with all of my favorite background stamps, splotchy, hello and hearts.


 



 


I started by coloring in Bonnie, and cutting her out using my cutterbee scissors. I then took a plain piece of cryogen white cardstock, ready to design my custom background.


 


First i stamped my background stamps randomly over the entire card. I used old paper distress ink.


 



 


Then, I used my airbrush, with BG70, BG72, G82 and G94,(in that order),  to add sky and grass to the background.


 



 


As a final touch, I hand drew some blades of grass using a flicking motion in G82 and G94. Then I decided that I would have to add an extra "bunch" of grass for Bonnie to stand on so that she looked grounded. I also ran around the edge on the sewing machine to border the background scene.


 



 


So there you have it. Some flowers, leaves, flourishes and ribbons and you're done. I hope you liked my first Greeting Farm post. 


 


See you soon with another Greeting Farm project.


 


Tracey. XO.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Tracey! Thanks for sharing your techniques you used making this card. You are an awesome TGF Farmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tracey! I loved the tutorial! Thanks for breaking it down, it's truly beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post Tracey. I love love love the card as well as the tute

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning background, I love the step by step! AWESOME first DS post, Tracey! We are so glad to have you on the Farm!

    ReplyDelete