Friday, July 15, 2011

GETTING ARTY

I'm new to all this arty/journal/she-art stuff, so i'm not really sure what to call it. i think a mixed media canvas will cover all bases. Everyone seems to be trying it out at the moment, so i thought, why not? I recently attended a retreat with my dear friend ebony ven der starre, and picked up lots of little tips on how to get started, so i had a little play and this is what i came up with.........


 


IMG_pipercanvaswm


.....what do you think?


I'm thinking, seeing as i used all my greeting farm background stamps, cloud stamp, piper, and washi tape from TGF, that maybe i should put a little sign on the door that says "the greeting farm" or maybe just the initials TGF. I think i'm meant to sign it as well. oops!


Here's a closeup of piper as well.....


 


IMG_pipercanvascloseup


 


I decided to try mod podging over the top of piper and thank goodness all was good. I had visions of all my copic coloring mixing into one ugly mess but luckily that didn't happen.


 


So, i hope you like my creation. I have since made the covers of a journal for DD#1 to take with her to King Island for ALL OF NEXT TERM. She is only 15 and spends the entire school term on a tiny island in Bass Strait.....in the middle of Winter!!! Can't show the journal yet though, as she may read my blog. 


Off to bake and decorate a cake for Annabel's farewell party on Sunday.


tracey XO



2 comments:

  1. I think it is very cool Tracey. Love it lots. Clever clever woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic...I just love all the papers and all the mediums!!! You learned all this from one class?!! You're a quick learner, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete