Tuesday, July 26, 2011

THINKING OF YOU

Although previews for The Greeting Farm's new August stamps are only days away, i wanted to share a card i made with  Blush Society Bonnie today. I made it to send to my eldest DD who has survived week one of nine living on King Island. We had a wonderful phone call with her (one per week for half an hour is all we're allowed!) on Sunday evening. She sounds really happy,but we all miss her so much nonetheless. So here's her card.......


 


IMG_bonniethinkingofyouTGFDT

 


I have tried a few different things this time. I airbrushed red onto my pink scalloped cardstock rectangle, and was really pleased with the effect. I paperpieced her dress with a scrap of patterned paper, and i have started photographing the copic colors i have used as i photograph each card. I'm not very computer savvy so this saves me LOTS of time. Could you imagine me sitting here typing every color with only my index finger? LOL.


 


IMG_bonniethinkingofyoucolors


 


Having said that, i can't remember the last time i only used 15 colors on an image. My average would be closer to 25 per card. You know, that's what paper piecing does. Less coloring time...Quicker cards.


 


Well, that's all for today. I can hear work calling.


Tracey.



3 comments:

  1. Super cute card Tracey. I think ur DD will be over the moon when she gets it. Gorgeous coloring and I love the paper pieced dress. I wish I could take a picture of my Copic colors, but I have so many Ciaos that I would need to take two pix.. Hmm... will try that out. Thanks!!
    Beautiful card! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Tracey! Gorgeous coloring and what a pretty array of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Tracey. I know your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete